Sex and the City 8/25/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Spoilers below:
    Hmmm...sort of an uneven episode, but with some of the usual gags that made SatC fun in the beginning.
    Loved Samantha's "I'm Mary F-in' Poppins" line. I kept asking myself, why doesn't Miranda pick up her baby when it was crying all the time. Nice use of the "neck massager". I wonder how much The Sharper Image paid for that ad in the episode. [​IMG]
    When Carrie gets in that self-absorbed state, she really is a pill. "The face" didn't really hit the funny bone for me like a lot of other issues in the past. Maybe it's because it was born from Carrie's and Aidan's break-up.
    So the writers finally find a way for Charlotte to keep her apartment. Marrying and divorcing well has its benefits, I suppose.
    The Heather Graham
    cameo was just out of the blue, too bad they didn't give her that much to do.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

SatC is generally fastidious about the authenticity of New York details, but they made one concession in this episode to avoid confusing the non-New Yorkers. People keep talking about the "deed" to Charlotte's apartment, but it's a Park Avenue coop -- there isn't a deed. It'll be interesting to see whether Charlotte goes back to work; the monthly carry on that kind of apartment isn't cheap.

I enjoyed seeing Evan Handler as Charlotte's lawyer. He's a fine New York stage actor, one of those skilled character players who can create a vivid impression with just a few bits of business (here, the bagel).

M.

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

This season really has started to get its legs under it, its just too bad that its already almost over. The trailer for the two weeks has me excited.

4. Larry Price

Larry Price Stunt Coordinator

Next time I go to browse in Sharper Image or Brookstone , I may start wondering about other alternative uses to some of their merchandise . . .

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

6. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

7. Steve Zatkoff

Steve Zatkoff Stunt Coordinator

I loved when Samantha refered to Brady(the baby) as a 13 pound meatloaf and when she called him an asshole. Both of those lines had my wife and I ROTFLOAF.

The massager scene with the other woman in Sharper Image was classic. "That one works if you mount it"

8. Eddie W.

Eddie W. Stunt Coordinator

"You can't call a baby an asshole"
    [​IMG]