Sex and the City: 3rd Season has arrived!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jenna, May 22, 2002.

1. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I love this show...and will continue to purchase each season the day they're released. HOWEVER, is it just me or does anyone else think that the transfer quality is kinda grainy. Especially on a 57" RPTV.

Oh well, it does little to diminish my enjoyment. Such a great show! Great writing! Great clothes!

Now, it's a countdown till Season 4! Wish HBO would kick out the seasons faster. Still waiting for my favorite episode - the one with the "Fashion Roadkill".
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "Who could have thought an island that tiny would be big enough to hold all our old boyfriends." - Miranda

2. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

they do appear grainy on my 53" rptv. but they looked better on my 27"

I thought they were going to delay season 4 for some reason.

3. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Season 5 is being delayed to July (due to Sarah Jessica Parker's pregnancy.)

Season 4 aired already. The DVDs lag behind the actual airing of the shows by almost 2 seasons.

I would imagine Season 4 DVDs will come out next May, since HBO has been releasing these every May, unless they push the schedule up at all. (They did bump up Sopranos Season 3 box to August 2002 rather than waiting for the traditional November release).

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Michael is completely right...you think Season 3 is bad, watch Season 1...it almost hurts.

It does suck about Season 5 being shorten to 8 episodes...atleast they aren't going to try and force her pregnancy into the show.

6. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Even though the first part of season 5 is only 8 episodes...I thought they are supposed to come back with a "bonus season" like they did last January?

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

8. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

Administrator note: The following originated as a separate post and has been merged into this existing thread.
    I didn't even know this was out until I saw it in a store today. Didn't pick it up, but I plan to do so.
    Was just wondering if anyone has it and how is it? I'd imagine it is along the same line as the second season in terms of picture quality (not like the awful first season set, bleh!).
    However, I was rather hoping they'd actually added some chapter stops within the episodes and perhaps did a "play all episodes" option like in the Absolutely Fabulous sets.
    Anyone have any opinions?

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Its just like Season 2 except with Season 3 episodes. I still think HBO does a terrific job with these sets. Really I'm just glad to get my favorite show on DVD.

10. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

Didn't buy it but my wife and I did a Season 3 marathon this weekend. Video is fine but I do think the audio is quite good. Lots of music that sounds great, etc....

I guess in the words of Sam Jones...funky