Sex and the City - 1.27.2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I must say this was dullest episode yet out of the entire shows life! And unfortunately next weeks doesn't look much better by the preview.

Though I did enjoy Miranda and Steve hooking up tonight, and hopefully that relationship will turn out. Go Steve Go!

Oh Miranda's pregnacy gas was good for some immature chuckles.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I think the writers are hemmed in by the need to finish off some of the season-long arcs. Within those constraints, though, they came up with some great moments:
    Carrie and the realtor.
    Carrie and the shoe salesman (you could do a master class in acting from the way Parker showed Carrie's conflicting impulses).
    Carrie and the woman at the bus stop.
    Samantha and the personal shopper (now that was a bit of the old Samantha -- and I'm not talking about the routine with the towel).
    M.

3. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I thought this was actually a good episode, especially after last week's breakup. I'm glad they didn't bring back Carrie and Big just yet, using him as a money lifeline was a good twist, and the fact that this appeared to be the first time the women talked about money given all the other things they share/talk about was telling, IMHO. I thought the storylines are continuing to play out and it should set the stage well for the mini-season ending...

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Carrie realizing she has spent $40,000 on shoes was classic.

I actually know a few women like this: they always have the latest outfits, go out clubbing all the time...but then suddenly realize that they have nothing in the bank or to show for it.

I'm glad I was more thrifty in my 20's....

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I thought this was a very good episode, the scene with Samantha and the "gift buyer" was great, and well, pretty much everything else was great too. It was nice to see some "hard numbers" referred to instead of the usual "wow, that's a months' salary!" and stuff like that.

/Mike

6. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Very good episode. I liked it better than the 2 eps they shot in California after Carrie and Aiden broke up the first time.

The last scene with Carrie and Charlotte was very touching.

I love these women a lot.