Sex and the City-1/20 [spoilers] WTF!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leroy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Anyone else catch this past weekends episode? I can now officially not stand Carrie. How can she screw Aidan over again? Then if you watch the preview Mr. Big makes an appearance next week, I wonder if they will end up together somehow.
    Otherwise a decent episode with everyone else's characters given some intersting things to deal with.

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I cannot believe that that happened, but I had a feeling that it would. I love the Adian character and hopefully he will stick around and pop up here and there.

Now about Mr. Big.......hmmmm remember that comment that he made earlier about Carrie not being the type to get married. Wonder if this will pop up again?

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Before we saw this week's episode, before we even saw the /teaser/ for this week's episode, my wife said it was going to happen.

For her, when Carrie first puts the ring around her neck, she knew it was the 'beginning of the end'. My wife was *really* annoyed at that plot twist. She's a huge huge fan, and in her opinion, it's the wrong direction for Carrie's character. She said it was a 'knife in the back' kind of soap opera twist.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

My wife and I have always known that Carrie would never marry Aidan. Under that worldly, ironic surface, she's a dyed-in-the-wool romantic, and she wants to feel swept away -- something Aidan can't give her. They've been at odds over many things (remember the country home?), and in each instance you can see Carrie struggling with herself. She likes him, and she likes having a boyfriend, but she's just not in love.

IOW, I don't think it's a twist. It's been coming since they first got back together. I'm betting that Carrie's main arc for the fourth season will be her discovery that she's not so comfortable with the mundane realities of a steady relationship after all.

M.

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Unfortunately I see the show heading back into Season 2 territory with Carrie back with Mr. Big.....which is not what I want to see, but my fiance wants that. Anyone have a guess as to what happens next week with that meeting with Mr. Big??? Also how is she going to pay for 2 apartments? I see a set change coming up for Season 5.

6. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Personally I'm glad she dumped Aidan, he was boring and they didn't have much in common.
    Did anyone catch SJP on Leno last night? Man, she is loopy, that is the only way I can describe her. Very fidgety, couldn't sit still, was either very nervous or just a very high strung person in general.
    And what is with the short hair? I like it [​IMG]

7. Michael Reuben

I suspect she was still giddy from the Golden Globes. Her previous appearances on Leno (at least the ones I've seen) have been much quieter.

Carrie is definitely moving out of her place. I don't know how true this is elsewhere, but in NYC relationships and real estate are inescapably intertwined. You've heard of people staying together for the children? In Manhattan they stay together for the apartment.

M.

8. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

In NYC everything is related to real estate! You get two New Yorkers together, and within 3 minute the topic of real estate will come up.

I personally thought Aiden was boring. The best guy on the show is Steve. I'm still rooting for him.

-Max

9. Larry Price

Larry Price Stunt Coordinator

Actually - Ive recently read that real estate is the one strong point of our economy now - its back to pre 9/11 levels of activity - except for upper upper high end. [​IMG]

10. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I was so upset with carrie for doing this... but deep down inside, I knew it was going to happen, like someone pointed out already it started with her not wanting to wear the ring.
    It made pefect sense though, I certainly didn't feel it was a soap opera style plot twist.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Big is back in the game again, after all he's the one she really wants (probably because she can't marry him).
    Too bad for Aidan though...
    Man, I feel for these characters as if they were real people! [​IMG]
    /Mike

11. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Mike I hear you about liking the characters.

Why are you guys pissed at Carrie? She was nervous and wanted to breathe a bit and hold off the wedding for a while. She found out he didnt trust her when he was impatient to marry. Why is this Carries fault? She didnt have anything in common with him. Unless they bring in another guy for her Id rather her hook up with Big.

Im also rooting for Steve as well for Miranda.

12. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Look, if a guy gives you an engagement ring and you wear it around your neck because it's 'closer to your heart', that's total and complete B.S.

She should have never said yes in the first place. She never wants to give up her 'single' life. I think that all of the other characters are moving into more 'adult' (baby, divorce, new, first love) situations and she is going to be left lonely.

They can only flip-flop with Big so many times. It's getting ridiculous now.

13. Michael Reuben

Bear in mind that Big isn't the same these days. After a second divorce, a humiliating affair with the starlet and that childish mudfight with Aidan, he's looking a little . . . tarnished. It will be interersting to see how Carrie reacts to him. Noth and Parker have the acting chops to pull off some interesting stuff if the script gives them room.

M.

14. Paul Jenkins

2nd divorce? Was he divorced when they first met?
    I agree that the story w/Carrie and Big could be a good one if properly done. I like his character a lot more than Aidan's character, and the history/growth of both characters could make the relationship work. Or, it could just be a big marketing thing with HBO where Carrie is just going to him for rental advice [​IMG]
    Nah, I like the idea of them trying again, just so long as there are more shots of SJP in her sleeping attire [​IMG]

15. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

They should bring the Jazz man back [​IMG]
    That was a joke btw.......
    I personally don't want the Carrie and Big story again, three times is enough.
    Now Miranda and Steve, I hope this happens....they are perfect for each other.
    I will miss Trey, I enjoyed the character, especially his mother!

16. Paul Jenkins

forgot about the jazz man [​IMG]
    how about John Bon Jovi? Oh wait, he is with Ali McBeal now, no?
    I didn't/don't like the Trey character, too fake to me for some reason. The bath scenes with his mother were a bit much...
    I agree on Steve, they do seem to fit well.
    The Samantha storyline is interesting, wonder where that will end up... Hopefully she will get out of that relationship and go back to being the slut everyone loves [​IMG]

17. BrianB

BrianB Producer

18. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

Sex in the City is written with a liberal Manhattan anti-heterosexual monogomous relationship agenda. Carries rejection of marrige and Mirandas lack of interest in her offspring combined with the breakup of Charlottes marrige all further the goals of the writers.

They use the show to force the view that the gay/bi Manhattan lifestyle is infinatly more satasfying and enjoyable that the constricting "normal" lifestyle.

I have lost all interest in the show now due to the ham-handed way which the writers and producers force thier manifesto down our throaghts and am embarassed as a New Yorker that the rest of the country has to see this as one of the most popular NY based TV shows.

Carrie and Co. are in thier mid 30's and cannot tear themselves away from the nightlife that I and 95% of my friends were bored with by the time we were 25.

I apologize to all you rest-of-the-contry-ers for the repugnant way that the show characterizes my city. Hopefully next season will include a premier in which post-Sept. 11th all the characters take stock in thier lives and realize theres more to life than Prada shoes and trying to look cool at the latest hot-spot.

THAT IS NOT NY AND PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THAT PROPAGANDA LADEN CRAP WITH THE TRUE NATURE OF MY CITY, THE GREATEST CITY TO GRACE THE EARTH SINCE THE GLORY DAYS OF ROME.

19. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    Uh..yeah.

Anyhoo, about SJP new hairdo; I don't like it. One of the things which made her hot was the long curely hair. Hope she grows it back.

20. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

And, furthermore, blah blah blah...