What's new

Seville to debut Signature Collection DVD line with Kandahar (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
For Immediate Release:

Monday, February 25, 2002

SÉVILLE PICTURES LAUNCHES

THE SEVILLE SIGNATURE COLLECTION

DVD LINE

Seville Pictures is proud to announce the launch of the Seville Signature Collection line of DVD’s with the internationally acclaimed KANDAHAR as the first title. The Seville Signature Collection is part of our on-going commitment to bring quality international cinema to Canadians. Previous releases by Seville include such critically lauded DVDs as; RUN LOLA RUN, IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, ONCE WERE WARRIORS and THE DECLINE OF THE AMERICAN EMPIRE. The critical praise and popular response to those titles has inspired us to create a new line of DVD productions with standards well above the usual product available in the market. The Seville Signature Collection will put the spotlight on titles with artistic merits that are beyond question and combine them with DVD production values so in depth and extraordinary that they will surely become the definitive edition.

KANDAHAR is more than a timely film, it was the most critically acclaimed feature of the 2001 Cannes Film Festival before world events took it from the entertainment section and put it on the front page of newspapers across the country. The KANDAHAR DVD will have both English and French sub-titles, a documentary about the film produced by CTV and an exclusive commentary track by its Canadian star, Nelofer Pazira, who has travelled the world’s festivals with the film.

The KANDAHAR DVD is scheduled for release in May of 2002.

-- EOR --

Wow. Look's like yet another nice release from Seville Pictures.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Great! I'm glad something by Makhmalbaf is finally getting released on DVD in North America.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Donald, only hitch is Seville is a Canadian only distributor, but I'm more than sure there's an american distributor down there that will take on "Kandahar."
Jason

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Nice to see that Seville seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully we will have our own little "Criterion Collection" type group for Canadians. I will cheer them on if they manage to keep putting out the wonderful, and often underrepresented films thay have worked on so far.

Barring some poor discs at the start of their run, things are looking good. Now if only I could find them in newswire, or something so I could get press releases about upcoming titles.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Avatar Films is handling the theatrical distriubtion for Kandahar in the U.S. Don't know much about them, as far as that goes.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Donald, only hitch is Seville is a Canadian only distributor, but I'm more than sure there's an american distributor down there that will take on "Kandahar."
I know, but most Canadian etailers ship to the States, so I'm not worried about finding a copy.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Just received the final artwork for the disc. I'll have a review copy in my hands over the next couple days and hope to have my review posted early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks