What's new

Severin's Upcoming (and expensive) Box Set... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Is anyone here planning on purchasing this set? Looks incredibly awesome and will contain a film I've wanted on Blu-ray for a long time (EYES OF FIRE).

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard

Is anyone here planning on purchasing this set? Looks incredibly awesome and will contain a film I've wanted on Blu-ray for a long time (EYES OF FIRE).
Definitely. The recent Severin releases of Dracula and Santa Sangre on UHD were outstandingly good. They are a quality label. You get what you pay for!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Severin's 4K remaster of Blood On Satan's Claw sold out in seconds two years ago. There's even a Norwegian film included on this set. Incredible.

Denham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Pre-ordered it a couple weeks after it was announced.
I wasn't paying attention, thinking it was Severin's stab at some schlocky, US regional horror ala the Arrow American Horror sets.
When I got curious enough to red a thread about it, and saw what they were going after and the scope of the project, I couldn't resist.

I've only seen Viy. Didn't knock me out, but it was interesting and it's become one of those films that has only gotten better in my head as I reflect back on it.

This has been a year of big, expensive box sets I never asked for, didn't expect, and didn't think I'd be buying...but I have.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
I debated then pre-ordered. It's expensive but will likely be a first class presentation and in depth exploration of rare material. I'm rather burned out on mainstream film so I've really been enjoying going deep into obscure genres the last few years. If the previous Severin box sets are any indication, it will hold if not increase in value.

Desdinova

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Definitely ordered this. Don't know most of the content but the preview looked really good so it looks like Pay Pal's getting $32 a month for the next six months from me.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Definitely ordered this. Don't know most of the content but the preview looked really good so it looks like Pay Pal's getting $32 a month for the next six months from me.
Ordered this but DD would not allow this week's 15% off as they are currently only giving discount to instock items which seems the norm now. I missed the Al Adamson set which DD had on order for me for many months and then recently said they could not get it. I like to get oddities and unknowns like that and LDs can be a pain to be sure. Others markets later are beyond what I can spend being a retired person on a state pension.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation368
Recent bookmarks