What's new

Severe problem with X-Files: Season 6 episode "Triangle" (1 Viewer)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know it only takes a call.
Well, but FOX won't be sending replacement discs to Europe. Since I do not know anyone in the U.S. personally.....would anyone in this forum be so kind to make the call for me and send me this disc? I would be incredibly grateful, 'The X-Files' is the most important show ever to me. It would be really amazing if someone could do that...
It's no small favor to ask, I know - maybe there would be some way of compensation?
If anyone would help me, please send an email: [email protected]
Okay....now I can only hope. :)
Thanks,
Alex

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yep, just took my name, address, and phone number.
Said they'll ship it out when available in March or April.
That was easy.

David_Roberts

Auditioning
Yep, just took my name, address, and phone number. Said they'll ship it out when available in March or April. That was easy.
Likewise. I'm glad that it looks like we won't have to bother with sending in the defective disc first and waiting for the turnaround before receiving the replacement. Kudos to Fox.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Keith, you must have called either at a busy moment or at a point where the operators had to briefly step out of the office. I made my request on Tuesday at about 4:30pm PST and reached a real person instantly. It is nice to see that FOX hasn't had enough disk flaws and mistakes to warrant an Indian phonebank for customer service issues.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Okay...uum....if someone of you guys call there, maybe you could ask if they are really serious about not sending the disc to another country? I would really love to get the exchange... :frowning:

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Grant,

I didn't have to give them any information from my S6 DVD boxset. Kudos to Fox for making this an easy process for us.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
the search function is down right now so i thought i'd just ask.. has anyone heard anything from fox about fixing the episode "triangle"?

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
this is from thedigitalbits.com

We've checked in with 20th Century Fox about that defective disc in The X-Files: The Complete Sixth Season (the one with the episode Triangle in less that optimal video quality). The fixed discs aren't available quite yet, but you can now call Fox's Consumer Hotline to get yourself added to a list to receive the fixed discs when they are finished. Call 1-888-223-2FOX. They'll take your name and number and mail you the disc in due course. Just FYI.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
I'd really appreciate if someone could get me this fixed version. I could trade it with my copy of the Dune miniseries (Artisan's 3-disc Special Edition) or something else as a compensation (like purchasing a reasonably priced dvd from Amazon). I can be reached at: [email protected]

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I have the same request as Jari. While I don't have any Dune-Set to offer I am sure there would be some other way of compensation. The corrected disc would mean a great deal to me.
My email: [email protected]

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Any word if the disc replacements have started shipping yet ? when i had called to give fox my name and address back in february they told me they would start shipping by the end of march. Im assuming thats delayed but i just thought id ask.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Let me get this straight..if I call Fox on that number and give them my details they will send me a free disc 1 from this set? Even if I haven't even bought the set? Seems strange. I thought they would at least confirm that people who call had actually bought the set in the first place.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
To Alex and Jari...

if you can't find anybody else to get the replacement discs for you I might consider doing it. We would have to wait until they actually start shipping so we can find out exactly how Fox are going to handle this. They might not ship more than one disc to the same address. Of course I would like something in return, but we can discuss that at the time. E-mail me when word hits the streets that they have started shipping.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I talked to them last the word was that replacement discs would probably be April or May...probably the latter.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I just tried calling and the operator comes up saying that I have to put a 1 in front of the number...thats the way I dialed it! Argh!

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I'm such a fool...I was dialing with two 8's instead of three...DOH!! They took my info...they still dont have the discs yet though...:frowning:

Real Name
Patrick Lyons
I just got off the phone with Fox, 1-888-223-2369, regarding an update on the fixed triangle episode disc replacements.

The representative read a prepared statement that Chris Carter and 1013(?)productions are stating that there is nothing wrong with the episode and it is intentionally dark and low quality. At some point in the past Fox had lightened up the episode, and this is reportedly what the new master was of.

The studio is still in discussions with Chris Carter, but at this point they state there will be no fixed disc.

I explained it wasn't necessarily the light but the resolution quality of the episode, and her reply was that Chris Carter intended this.

Bummer.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That's pretty weird. How does Carter explain the seemingly random shift of aspect ratio to produce black bars at 33m? That's intentional??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks