What's new

Several long-awaited Fox catalog titles on 6/1 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
According to DVD Empire, some highly-requested catalog titles are being released June 1.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_rel...k=6%2F1%2F2004

Personally, I'm picking up the Cocoon movies, and two Nic Cage films, since I'm a huge Cage fan - Kiss of Death and Trapped in Paradise.

All are very low-priced too, which doesn't bode well for any extras of substance, but we can probably expect OAR and a trailer, I think.

Here are the covers for the Cocoon films - I know lots of folks are waiting for them:

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Holy crap! Have these titles been confirmed by FOX yet??? I haven't heard anything about them on the regular news sites. The ones that interest me are;

Cocoon/Cocoon: The Return
The Crucible
The Great White Hype
Kiss of Death
Out to Sea
The Super
Trapped In Paradise

and since this is FOX, we KNOW they'll all be OAR! :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well if they're up for preorder with covers and UPC codes, I guess they're pretty much announced. Maybe Fox is pushing these out quietly for some reason, since they are not hype-able titles.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully that classic film will be an early release when Fox debuts their monthly film noir lineup late this year. ( Specifically, I am hoping that it will be #2 in the series with Laura being the premiere title in the film noir collection. Of course this is all speculation and wishful thinking. )

Having said that, I do like Schroeder's remake (esp. Nicolas Cage as Junior Brown) and will replace my Laser with the DVD when it streets.

- Walter.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Hey, Fox! These are great and all, but how about giving us Dark Night of The Scarecrow?! Seriously, how long is it going to take you to release this little gem?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

Probably a long time, seeing as how they don't own it. It was a Lorimar production they once released when they had a deal with them.

Warner Brothers owns it now.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
imdb lists Fox as the video distributor. No mention of Warner on there. When did this happen? How sure are you on this? Off to the Warner SE thread! Thanks for correcting my mistake.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news. Plus, the cover art is very well done. Let's hope they don't change them and plaster big heads all over.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks