What's new

Seven Days - The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
VEI has announced the release of 'Seven Days - The Complete Series' on November 26. This is a 90s Sci-fi series that aired on UPN. I was hoping this would get a release, have never seen it but the premise sounds interesting- its about time travel, alien technology is discovered that allows humans to go back in time - but only for 7 days.

VEI continues to mine the CBS/Paramount library, I wonder how many more series they will release?! It would be interesting to know if these releases are selling well- I guess since they continue to pump them out that they are happy with the sales?!

Here is a pic of the cover art:

3D_Box_Art_Skewed_Template_2019_360x.png

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Wonder how the picture quality will be?

James

Also wasn't expecting any more big releases from VEI for the year.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm betting that VEI might rank up there with WB Archive before too long?

I'm putting down some bets on what they'll release in 2019

James

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news! I was hoping this would finally become available. I really enjoyed this time travel show.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Great! This will give me an opportunity to trash some more VHS tapes I have cluttering up the place. Since these were all post-processed in the video realm, I would expect them to be no better than shows like THE NEW TWILIGHT ZONE or the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE from 88-89, or MAX HEADROOM.

I would have attempted to transfer my tapes but it would have taken a herculean effort since none of my 7 DAYS tapes were labeled or numbered. Part of the problem was trying to record these - and the show that followed, VOYAGER - and keep both sets of tapes separate. As a result, the 7 DAYS tapes got all out of order, so I'd have to look at each episode to determine where it fit in the order of airings. Then and only then could I have begin the transfer first to hard drive so I could remove the commercials, then writing out to DVD. Too much work!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I had forgotten about this series. Another UPN series that I really enjoyed. Wasn't Norman Lloyd on this one? Hopefully it will be on sale (Black Friday) similar to last years sale.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had forgotten about this series. Another UPN series that I really enjoyed. Wasn't Norman Lloyd on this one? Hopefully it will be on sale (Black Friday) similar to last years sale.
You are correct, sir. Norman Lloyd was in this series, which I just pre-ordered from VEI.

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
without spoiling the episode for anyone by naming it there was one story that had a fascinating angle to it

in the tale a person dies - despite going back the seven days and altering the timeline for the better....that person nevertheless one again still dies at the end suggesting SOME things are 'set in stone' as it were just 'meant to be' and suggesting that even if you can go back in time....the overall ending of a life IF it's that person's time to go just can't be deviated from...

A thought provoking aspect

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just got a shipping notice from VEI.

Still not listed at Anazon.

I'm not sure Amazon sells these sets directly. The Early Edition set, which also took a while after VEI's release to show up, is listed as "Sold by VEI, fulfilled by Amazon".

So it'll likely take a while to make it to Amazon, but either way, you're getting the show from VEI. Ordering direct through their site is simpler and quicker.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
My SEVEN DAYS set arrived today. The shows look pretty good considering that they were mastered in the video realm. The image is a bit soft, but fairly smooth looking. The packaging is a wallet-style pack that sits inside a fat case. Not great, but at least there's no disc-scratching going on.

Friendsfa32

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
My SEVEN DAYS set arrived today. The shows look pretty good considering that they were mastered in the video realm. The image is a bit soft, but fairly smooth looking. The packaging is a wallet-style pack that sits inside a fat case. Not great, but at least there's no disc-scratching going on.

what about the music? anything replaced due to licensing issues?
because that's what held me back from getting the Early Edition set..

average runtime per episode? are these edited? uncut?
like for example, are they like 41 min. per episode,
or more like 44 to 46 min etc... ??

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Run times on what I've checked are in the 44-45 minute range, which seems about right for a UPN show of that era. I've only watched the pilot and wouldn't notice a replacement of music if there was one. I haven't seen the show in over 20 years and don't really recall any specific plot lines, let alone music cues. The theme sounds original to me.

One interesting technical thing that I've never noticed anywhere else happened on the beginning of the pilot. Whenever the bad guys, Russians, were speaking their native language, some subtitles appeared in English. That's fine and the way it should be, but whenever they appeared, the image on the screen got slightly wider. Not stretched, just with a tiny amount of more picture on both sides. This happened throughout the first half of part 1 of the pilot.

Occasional border white lines were visible at times too, and as I was quick-checking the second story (third episode), I noticed that my TV was displaying some white lines at the top. The TV was set to eliminate all overscan, and once I set it to "normal", the white blanking interval lines disappeared.

These are all extremely minor issues, and nothing I'd really complain about. I'm just happy to have the series on DVD and happy to be able to toss all of the VHS recordings from UPN.

Mike T

Agent
Harry-N: Since you have the 7 Days DVD set, I have to ask you a question. Are all of the episodes in full frame aspect ratio (as they're supposed to be) or did VEI put them in cropped widescreen, such as the annoying way that they did the Highlander series set? Please reply ASAP. (I want to get this DVD set as a Christmas gift, but I need to know about the aspect ratio first and VEI doesn't tell what the ratio is.)

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks