Setup Samsung Voice Mail?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Pancake, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake Stunt Coordinator

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to setup my voice mail message on my new Samsung wireless phone. It is a model SCHA310. Can anyone who may have this phone clue me in?

Many Thanks!
    Jason

2. Cary_H

Cary_H Second Unit

This is a home cordless phone without an answering machine, not a cellular, right?
    My home voice mail is supplied by my phone carrier for an additional monthly fee. I set up an account through them, access it through a call to one of their servers to do the initial set-up and pick up messages.

3. Jason Pancake

I'm sorry. I should have been more descriptive. This is a cell phone with Verizon wireless service.

Jason

4. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Hmm, that information should be included w/ the instructions that came with your phone. My phone (Samsung with T-Mobile service) can reach the voicemail service by dialing "123," or simply holding down "1." There's also the phone number of the voicemail service in the menu system. Try scrolling through the various folders. Mine's found in the "messages" folder.

5. Steve Zatkoff

Steve Zatkoff Stunt Coordinator

In Chicago, *86 will get you into voicemail. You can contact Verizon by dialing *611 (no charge) and they should be able to instruct you on all this. They are always very helpfull.

Steve

6. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    A great forum for wireless phones and services is Howard Forums.

7. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I had to call Verizon to get them to activate my voicemail with my phone when I had that service three years ago. Then, I just called myself to set up the vm.

8. Jason Pancake

Thanks everyone for the tips. I searched that manual about 10 times and it just doesn't have anything regarding voice mail setup. I finally called *611 and got information for how to set it up. Dial *86 and hit # when the message stating that I don't have voicemail set up begins.

Thanks,
    Jason