Setup Questions with Denon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cyrus_I, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Cyrus_I

Cyrus_I Stunt Coordinator

I have just a couple of questions on the set up of the Denon 1603. When I want to use my VCR the tv only recieves the image on channel 3 and not in "Video". How do I change this. Also what does the "punch through" function do with the remote.

Cheers

2. Cyrus_I

Cyrus_I Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if the 1603 has component switching as well?

3. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Cyrus,
    According to Denon's website , it says it does component switching, 2 in and 1 out.

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Cyrus: Does your TV have video inputs other than the channel 3 r.f. connection? If it does, what brand is it? Different brands use different ways to determine how you get switched to these other inputs. If your TV doesn't have other video inputs, then you need an r.f. modulator that will allow you to use composite connections into the r.f. input. (R.f. modulators are widely available at Radio Shack, many home improvement centers and even at places like Circuit City.)

Punch through refers to the remote's ability to control the receiver's volume while in a different control mode (say CD or DVD.) Punch through can also refer to controlling the TV's volume if that is what you want in lieu of the receiver's.