What's new

Setup Multi Speaker for Marantz SR 7500 (1 Viewer)

Ramesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
Ramesh Kumar
I would like help to setup bi-wire or bi-amp my Marantz SR7500 with my fronts. The clarification I seek is the folowing which is not clear form the user manual. Any help is very much appreciated

1. How do I set base volume level for the multi speaker setting in the OSD (on screen display and setup) is it purely trial and error or is there some volume level that I can start with? It starts with a defaults of -90 db.

2. I am confused about the fixed and variable volume represents as the user manual does not explain the significance of the same.

3. I switch the Multi Speaker ON for the speaker "C" to take effect. Is there a way to switch the Multi Speaker on and off automatically with the Receiver main power since it’s a bi-wire setup.

4. So in the bi-wire setup what is the power that the speaker is being driven with for each channel, is it 105 W per channel or is it spilt in half and sent to the surround back.

Thanks
Ramesh

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
What are you using the Multi for?

How many speakers are you running?

Confirm that this is the Back of your Receiver..

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Biwiring off a receiver is not going to give you the same results as using separate amps, since each channel is driven off the same power supply. Though each channel has less demand, your total available power is still the same.

Not sure what you mean by "multi" speaker on and off? If you have configured it correctly, you will not have back surrounds and your fronts should remain biwired always.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks