Setup Cost??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Myram, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Myram

Myram Second Unit

What is the setup cost for a Direct TV system?

I need one HD receiver, and one reg. receiver....I also want to hook up a OTA antenna for HD broadcasts.

I've never had sat. hook-ups before....so this is all new to me.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

2. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

This is a kinda open ended question in that local/regional Dish network suppliers have various specials going all the time. When I got mine installed 2 years ago I payed 49 bucks for 2 receivers installed, non-HD. They put up the dish and ran the coax under the house to the 2 rooms I wanted. The 49 bucks was then credited back to me on my first monthly bill, so basically setup was free.
    I have seen similar offers as recent as last week. Check out www.dishtv.com and see what they are offering, then shop around in your area and see as well.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

The 1st one I hooked up too a half hour... it's pretty easy in case you cant find a decent price

4. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Actually.........I meant to say Direct TV, not Dish Network.

Steve

5. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

DirecTV now requires dealers to offer free satellite installation. If you contact a company and set up your service through them they must offer free installation. They can and will charge you for the hardware. The free installation does not include off-air antenna installation. Regards.

6. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Are the dealers that do the install usually OK with you already having one or more STBs (so I don't get stuck with what they sell, esp. for the main HiDef room)? I'm currently thinking about an OTA-only STB (Samsung SIR-T165, I believe) but may change my mind to one that also supports DirectTV.

Thanks.

Doug

7. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Someone in here must be able to tell me what they paid for a HD Direct TV full setup.....anyone??

Steve