What's new

Settings for RP-82/CP-72 (1 Viewer)

Mike Fenech

Agent
Last night I picked up the last boxed CP-72 Circuit City had here in San Antonio. I'm using it with my XBR400 TV. I have the basic setup going (progressive, C-2, Auto-1, dark) and have no problems with the picture so far, but there are some settings that are questionable:
Picture Mode - Is there a reason to use Normal instead of C1/C2?
User 1/2 - What is the purpose of these? Is there any advantage using the noise reduction adjustments?
Aspect - I've set it to 16x9, and that seems to work fine, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use another setting and have the TV do the anamorphic?
Picture control - I understand this can only be accessed in 'interlace' mode, but does adjusting them affect the progressive mode also? I think I'm a bit brighter than I need to be with this player. (I know, I know...pull out VE and adjust the TV.)
Anyone want a Tosh 5109? :D

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Mike,
Leave the player in 16/9 mode. The tv is doing the squeeze better than the player's downconversion will look if you put the player in 4/3.

I calibrated my tv with the player in N mode, and use C1 and C2 as needed.

The picture controls only work in interlaced and don't carry over to progressive--the one slight disadvantage vs my old JVC whose pic controls worked on progressive and interlaced.

I've found the mosquito noise control can reduce the graininess in some movies like AI, but that graininess is supposed to be there so I leave these alone.

TimothyE

Stunt Coordinator
U1 and U2 allow you to do tweaking of a couple settings that otherwise have pre-defined values.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread