What's new

Setting up the BENQ PE7700 aspect ratio (1 Viewer)

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I just got my PE7700 today, and I'm having trouble setting up the aspect ratio. I first set it to "real", because I thought that would always give me the correct ratio. But, the image always seems to be squeezed into a 4:3 square in the centre! So I need to set to set to "anamorphic" for widescreen films to look okay. Any idea why this is?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
"Real" is a one to one mapping that displays the source with no scaling, so that the DVD's (480x700) end up as a small square in the center of the projector's native 720x1280 pixels. "Anamorphic" is the correct setting for 16x9 enhanced DVDs and the "4X3" setting is correct for DVDs that are not 16x9 enhanced. You can use "Letterbox" setting for letterboxed movies but I wouldn't recommend it because the geometry is compromised (the picture is slightly vertically squished - circles are oval)

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I was worried my projector or DVD player was playing up! Slightly annoying though, that I'd have to adjust the aspect ratio manually. It would be nice if it adjusted itself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks