What's new

Setting up ebay seller's account (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
ebay requires a checking account to set up a seller's account. For those of you with ebay seller's accounts, did you:

-- use your existing checking account, or
-- set up a new checking account for online transactions only?

I am nervous providing my primary checking account info online.

Is there good reason to be afraid? Thanks.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Must be new. When I set up my acount years ago I only needed to provide a credit card for the purpose of paying transaction fees. If you plan on selling a lot, you might be better off opening another checking account just so you can keep your eBay and personal business separate.

James T

Screenwriter
It has to be new. I only had to give my credit card when I signed up.

And it's a good idea to setup a seperate account for just online transactions(you can also setup a paypal accoutn and connect the two).

Just be careful with what you do online and how you choose your passwords. I never opened any junkmail or mail saying they were eBay and I still got my account hacked into.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Never heard of the checking account thing. Credit card only for me.

PayPal requires a checking account, so maybe since they're now sister companies, Ebay is making new members link checking accounts so they're also all set up for PayPal transactions?

I would definitely open a separate account, preferably at a different bank from your primary account. That's how I set up my PayPal account.

James T

Screenwriter

I guess I'm really old school. When I signed up for Paypal, it only required a credit card.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't give anyone access to my checking account, except for my tax refunds. So, currently my Ebay and Paypal accounts are referred to by a credit card.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Never heard of the checking account thing. Credit card only for me.

Same here. My ebay fees go on my credit card- why would they need my bank account info?

> PayPal requires a checking account

No, it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks