What's new

Setting up AVR-7200 system, have SBL question (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I am setting up my system this weekend. I have a H/K AVR-7200 driving JBL in-wall speakers and and external sub and center. I have heard the that the EZ-Set system that comes with teh AVR-7200 can be somewhat *lacking* and others have used an inexpensive SBL meter they bought from Radio Shack. Am I remembering what I read here corectly? If so, what is the part number of the meter from Radio Shack? Is there a better one to buy? What levels should i set my speakers at?

TIA,

Bob Elliott

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I have the Radio Shack analog SPL meter and it is very easy to use. The model number is 33-2050 but I think they've been discontinued. I got mine for $25 but you may have to get it off Ebay where it could cost more or less depending on demand. You might be able to walk into a store to find one. If not, they also make a digital SPL meter but it cost more.

Just discovered Radio Shack has a new analog meter, model 33-4050. It list for $39.99

You also need to get either Video Essentials or Avia test disc.

The EZset feature on the HK worked for me. You might have to set the volume to -10 instead of -15 when running the test. The remote interfaces directly with the receiver so remember to take the blue protective film off the face of the receiver if you haven't done so already or it won't work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread