What's new

Setting up Audyssey with SMS-1 as well !?! (1 Viewer)

Vin_G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I just purchased an Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver and I see it has the Audyssey EQ for speaker setup (using microphone). I have not yet set it up as my home theater construction is not done for two weeks. However, my problem is going to be with my subwoofers. I also purchased a Velodyne SMS-1 subwoofer EQ as it came highly recommended for subs.

My question is how do I use the Audyssey and SMS-1? I think the Audyssey tries to set up the subs itself. Or can I just setup the receiver Audyssey without the sub somehow?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I would give MultEQ a chance to setup the sub by itself first. A lot of folks over at AVS quit using their SMS after running MultEQ. Otherwise, I believe the correct method would be setup SMS first, then run MultEQ. You will probably notice the sub distance is no longer accurate due to the addition delay introduced by SMS (don't change it).

Chris from Audyssey responds to an dedicated post in the Receiver forum here at HTF. Perhaps you could ask the question again there and get expert advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks