Setting up a new system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by SteveLaw, Jan 11, 2004.

1. SteveLaw

SteveLaw Auditioning

I have several components from my home stereo system that i want to incorporate into my home theatre system, and I am looking for advise on the best combination of products. I currently have a set of Mirage M-3 bi-polar speakers, being run by a Bryston 4B-ST amp, and pre-amp. I also have a set of Paradigm mini 3 speakers. My big question is the reciever. I recently purchased a new Yamaha RX-V740 which has really good reviews, and has the pre-amp outputs nessesary to run the Bryston amp. My brother is suggesting that I trade in my Bryston pre-amp, bring the Yamaha back (it has not been opened) and instead go with a new Bryston home theatre style pre-amp which I think costs around $2,000 Canadian, and a smaller Bryston 2B amp for the rear speakers. He feels that this setup will be of much higher quality, and will better match the compoments I already have. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Steve. Judgements like this are a bit beyond the Basics area. I will move your post to the Recievers fourm where more of the pre/pro guys hang out. (Dont worry, they are friendly over there as well.)