Setting it up right?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by VinceM, Jan 12, 2002.

1. VinceM

VinceM Auditioning

Thanks in advance for any tips or help! Here is my question/problem. I have a small beginners setup in my home, my components consist of the following (Kenwood receiver, CD Player, DVD, VCR, and my TV. The TV didnt have the rca jacks, so I got a RF Modulator to fix it. My receiver is Dolby capable. How do I utilize my setup to get it to work? I am unsure of what should hook exactly where. Such as, should the DVD be the only thing hooked to the RF Mod? Or should it all be ran through the Mod after it goes into the receiver? If you understand me and can help please let me know. I can be reached by email for any questions or ideas you may have. [email protected] [​IMG]

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Your video for DVD should go directly to the modulator. The sound from your dvd should go into your receiver. The type of TV you have (having to use a RF modulator) is going to give you the poorest quality video as it is. You don't want the video signal going through anything else to further degrade it.

This will "work" - as you say. Since you are here at HTF, I am guessing you want to have a Home Theater setup. You say your Receiver has Dolby. Is that Dolby prologic or digital. Dolby Digital, or DD, is preferred for movies. You will want to upgrade your TV if you want excellent video quality. Even a composite connection would be better than the RF, but you would be better of going with S-video or Component video. Just make sure your DVD player can do those connections.

These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. Ask if you want more advise.