setting -- Denon 2082, Polk Rti70s, CS400i and no sub...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dan-HH, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Dan-HH

Dan-HH Auditioning

Hi,

based abit (ok, ALOT) on my reading here, I picked up a Denon 2802 and today I'll be setting up !! I searched abit, but didn't really find answers for my specific setup.

I'm looking for suggestions, with some explanation why [​IMG] , how to setup the Polks as large or small speakers. They are
    RTi70s and a CS400i Center.

I expect the correct answer is buy a sub and set them to small, but since I don't have a sub yet, what would ya'll suggest.

if it matters, I don't have rear speakers, surrounds are Infinity QPS-1 quadrapoles in the ceiling of a fairly large room with 9.5' cielings.

Any other setup tips re: the denon would be appreciated.

Tnx,

- Dan

2. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

Well, if you don't have a sub, set your speakers to large, otherwise you'll simply be robbing yourself of music or sound information.

After you get your sub, you will probably want to set the speakers to "small". Doing so will ease the load on your amplifier and let the sub do what it does best.

3. Dan-HH

Dan-HH Auditioning

Ok, that makes sense.

Large for all three front speakers? or just the RTi70s?

the CS400 is 50hz to ... and the RTi70s are 40hz to ...

4. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

Before you get your sub, there is no point in setting anything to small.

Go "large" all around. There is going to be some lower freq information in the center channel that the left and right won't be given.