What's new

Setting delay on a Rx-V430 Yamaha reciever (1 Viewer)

JasonG

Agent
Hi all

I have a Yamaha Rx-v430 receiver. Now I have been reading on the forum about selecting a delay between the speakers and the listening area. I have not done this. Plus I am not sure how to do this! Could anyone with experience with this please respond thanks!

Jasong

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jason. If your reciver has a 0-30MS delay, Dolby suggests to set it at 20. In the OSD, set the speaker icons to small, only the sub should be set to large. Go to the sweet spot and use a measure tape to get the distance of the speakers to your ears. Write them down, (they will be slightly different). Then set the distance for each speaker in the OSD. You can either use your internal test tone, or a sound level meter, ($50 from Radio Shack) to adjust the loudness of each speaker. Set your DVD player to PCM/DolbyDigital.
See yaa,
Scott

emile engel

Auditioning
hi JasonG

if i remember correctly, the rx430 only has a delay setting for the centre speaker. The manual tells you how to set it up, something like every 1ms delay compensates for 30 cm distance further that the centre speaker is away from the main speakers in relation to the listening position.
The idea is that you want all your speakers to be equidistant from the listening position.

What speakers have you got connected to your system?
Also have a RX430, currently have the Yamaha nsp 230 speaker package connected up.

JasonG

Agent
Also have a RX430, currently have the Yamaha nsp 230 speaker package connected up
I believe that is the same set I have! I bought a package that came with the speakers and the reciever! If you have any tips you want to pass along let me know!

Jasong

Users who are viewing this thread