Setting Convergence on panasonic 53wx42

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vay, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Vay

Vay Auditioning

Hello,

I'm new to home theater, some excuse my ignorance. I just received my panny 53wx42. At first I thought the picture was marginal, and was wondering if I had my component cables connected correctly and if the signal coming from my RP82 was set to progressive. But after running through Avia, the TV looks great!. My question is on setting the Convergence 1. I noticed that the vertical green line will never line up with the reference arrows on the top and bottom of the TV. If the top arrow is lined up, the bottom one won't be, and vice versa. In other words, either the reference arrows are not lined up in the same vertical axis, or the green calibration line is not perfectly vertical. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something wrong with my TV?

Thanks!

2. Ming Wang

Ming Wang Agent

Vay,
    I just got this TV last sunday and went through thorough calibration with it. you probably want to visit www.panny.tv and download service manual from there. I believe your problem should be fixed by altering "skew" and maybe "key" in coarse convergence of service manual. the whole 64-geometry and convergence made my set much better than before.