What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Ben Guyton

Grip
Woohoo! Keep on truckin! I should be setting up another dual machine as a slave here tonight.. that should help even more. (I LOVE being able to run two seti clients at once! But I would love it more if they would just impliment dual processing capability and make it faster)
Holding on to #30, and heading for the top 20.... here I come!

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Way to go, Guys! With your increased efforts, I think I've risen about as far as I can go. I breifly touched the number 20 spot, but now I'm back down to 22. I've moved into the slow lane, and I look forward to watching you guys zoom past me in the fast lane!

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Ben,
You can run the SETI Client on a 2 processer machine. At the DOS promp just type in -CPU 0 and -CPU 1
That will make the client run on each procceser. If I rember right, you can have up to 4 processers on a machine.
Jeff
------------------
"The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."

Ben Guyton

Grip
Jeff,
Yeah, that's what I'm doing with several machines, but I just wish that they would make the program utilize both processors at once with just one client. I think the times would come out to be even better.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
doh, sorry about that, I mis read your post. I must have had too many adult beverages, calibrating moving up to the #1 spot.
laugh.gif

------------------
"The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Dr. White - Have you figured how many units we are currently crunching through a day?
I think we are producing way more than normal right now.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
:) I...ahem..."leveraged" a couple more boxes at work. 16 dual proc P3 750's to be exact. It'll only last a couple of days before the boss man gets twitchy about his cluster test results. Until then...
wink.gif

Paul Berquam

Auditioning
Boy, I'm gone for jsut a little while and I'm seriously out of the loop. At the rate you were going Jeff I thought you would be around 3k by now, what happened? :P
I guess I'll just have to get my act in gear and start pumping out more units....
More work to do, and I thought it was bad working for the slave driver at work
wink.gif

------------------
"He was a good little monkey and always very curious..."

Greg Stone

Agent
Woohoo!! I finally hit 100 units completed today!
Took a while since I only have my home pc running it!
------------------
Greg
I'm your huckleberry.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Way to go, Greg! In the end, it's not how fast you go, but how long you stick with it. Nice going.

Chris White

Second Unit
New HTF Seti Club Ranking -- #136
Chris, I don't know our club's average daily work unit completion rate because I've been really busy with work lately. I'm sorry. I'll track it over the next few days.
I've managed to squeek by Dennis and shall quaff a lovely adult beverage in celebration of the accomplishment. :)
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Ben Guyton

Grip
Oh yes.... place 25 will be mine by the end of the day.... hopefully in the top 20 by the end of the week. Many beverages for me. :)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Congratulations Chris! I now stand ready to tumble out of the Top 10. Oh well, its "taking one for the team" I guess
wink.gif

Ben Guyton

Grip
See you guys in the top 10 soon!
spin2.gif

------------------
Link Removed Ben Guyton
Proud member of The Everclear All-Stars: Division of The Platinum Livers Club

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
OK, I've been cruching along quietly here for the past few months, crawling into the top 25 with my 3-4 machines. However, it's been getting really hard to make any headway recently thanks to guys like Ben flying up the list. So it's time to break out the big guns... :)
I am responsible for 270 NT workstations here at work, and I've come up with a way to get them working for SETI during the night (and NOT working on SETI during the day when folks are using them). Tonight is the first full test. If this works, I should be taking a BIG leap by tomorrow morning.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...

Chris White

Second Unit
Ben: Yikes! You are flying up the list!
Craig S: If you can crank out just one unit per machine per night, you'll crack the top 10 in 1 day.
The HTF Seti Club should be #133 by tomorrow.
Personal accomplishment: I've complete 1 year total CPU time and will have completed 1000 units before the day is out. My next goal is to reach the 99th percentile of all Seti users.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks