[email protected] HTF Group - 250,000 Units!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Reno, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

As of this morning, the HTF [email protected] group has surpassed the 250,000 work unit mark! You can see our up-to-date total at the [email protected] webpage. It has taken us several years and 342.623 years of CPU time to make it this far. We continue to be in the Top 200 of all groups worldwide with only 1/4 of the 193 members active.
    Interested in joining? Here is some info I posted in one of our long-lasting (since 12/22/00) SETI threads:
    First, go to [email protected] , select "Download [email protected]", select your OS, read the intructions and install the screensaver. After you have the program running, go here [email protected] and click on "Join".
    I will add other links when time permits (I'm at work right now.) Or if another member cares to add some links go right ahead.
    Congratulations to all the HTF members who have contributed!

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I've been meaning to join for a while- I finally did it today. If I get some time, I'll set it up on all the computers on my network...

If I use the same account name for 4 or 5 computers, will it tally my results from each to the same profile?

Vince

3. Dennis Reno

4. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

*pats entire team on the back*

5. Dennis Reno

I forgot to add the fact that I passed the 5,000 work unit mark last weekend [​IMG]
    I shall pour myself another cup of coffee in celebration!

6. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I've just passed 14,000 and I'm in the final stretch to surpass Craig S and take the HTF crown.

7. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Ressurecting an old thread, but...
    I just joined up a couple days ago (and added myself to the HTF group) and have the CLI running on my desktop, notebook and Linux boxen. Unfortunately, they are slow so it still takes awhile to process units. Only up to 5 for now. Need to put it on my wife's PC too.
    Anyway, we should hit 275,000 units early next week.
    Oh, I also had the guy who runs setiatwork.com add the group to his site. It generates interesting statistics including how long it'll take to pass groups. You can view the HTF page here.
    We're currently ranked 149 of all the groups. Maybe by resurrecting this thread we'll get some more people involved.

8. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Cool site. It shows that we'll overtake two groups in the rankings soon, but there are four other groups that will overtake us first. In other words we're slipping.

We've got far too many "inactive" members.

9. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I just signed up yesterday, member number 200 as of now. I have completed 19 WU as of this morning. I just got my DSL line in and a new computer a couple of weeks ago so I've been pretty spotty but now that everything is humming along nicely I can average 1 WU per 4 hours so I'll be tearing through the ranks for a few weeks until I get up to the hardcore users.

10. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Hey I will use my training computers at work to help in the cause. I have 10 systems plus my laptop that I can have running each night that I will make sure to sign up right away for the HTF group. Hey maybe we will be able to get the HTF group into the top 100?

KyleS