What's new

Set up questions (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Hello guys. I would like to get your Ideas on a subwoofer set up I am trying to figure out. I have a H/K 325 with two 70's power amps. Klipsch Ksf 8.5 for the fronts, Klipsch center channel, linaum surround speakers side. Surround back in walls with linaum wide dispersion monopole tweeters, Three subwoofers, One powered by out board amp, and Pioneer 563a Dvdaudio/sacd player.

Right now I have all three subwoofers set up as lfe speakers but I am looking to at least temporarily solve bass issues when I am listening to sacd. I am saving to buy a Elite vsx-54tx and a infocus x1 projector so buying something like the outlaw audio's bass management device is not currently in the cards. What I am thinking of doing is to connect the pre out from the rears to the power amp the services the one subwoofer (using y connectors) or maybe to one of the power subs. What are your opinons?

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Do i have something hanging on my nose? Getting someone to answer any of my post is like pulling teeth and nails with my fingers

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I doupt that many discs (SACD or DVD) have much deep bass mixed into the rear channels, so that would be a waste of subwooferage.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
sure they do, especially if you run your rears as LARGE. they'll have (essentially) just as much bass as the front and center channels do. at least hirez music will. that's the whole point. the ideal hirez music system is 5 truly full range speakers (running large) AND a sub.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I was thinking that after posted. I think my problem is probably in the room modes, for some reason I am loosing the lows at when listening to sacd. Back to the thinking board. Thanks for the reply

John S

Senior HTF Member
bass management of SACD stinks... Best of luck with it for sure....

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Actually I think I fixed it all. It sounds decent as well. This is what I decided to do. left one power sub connect to the lfe or .1 output, then I took the other power sub and connected the speaker wires that normally went from the power amps to front speakers and connected the front speakers to the high pass output of the 2nd sub. The 3rd sub, the one that's powered by a outboard amp, is connect to both the rear channels and the lfe channel, meaning that I connect the right channel of the outboard amp to the side pre-outs of the receiver and the lfe pre-out to the left channel. The bass sounds smoothly level now. At first I didn't think it work because there didn't seem to much low signal comming from Norah Jones' sacd but then I put in Dark side of the moon it all sounded fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks