What's new

Set up problems!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi, all! I have just bought a samsung es8000 tv and it looks amazing. The issue I have is that I want to connect it to my maranzt sr42000 amp. I have connected them both via optical out on tv to optical In on amp set the amp for the input but nothing!!!!!! Set up is samsung es8000 virgin set to box ( connected to TV via HDMI ) Marantz Sr 42000 I also have Bose system connected for the amp speakers. HELP ME PLS :confused:

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi Schan1269 I have assigned the amp dig in 1 to the TV and dig 1 is the port I have connected to ( back of amp) Tried goin straight from STB but still no sound. Thanks for the help btw:)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You tried two different sources going to the digital input? Either "set-ip" is wrong. Or the digital input is dead. Even "if" you don't get the STB set for DD(ie leaving it PCM) you still get sound.

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi, I have tried STB and TV out puts into separate dig Inputs on my amp, dig 1 and dig two both assigned accordingly its like there is something holding the sound off * scratches head!

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi, I have tried STB and TV out puts into separate dig Inputs on my amp, dig 1 and dig two both assigned accordingly its like there is something holding the sound off * scratches head!

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
Also, double check that optical cable. If it is kinked or bent at too much of an angle. Or, the cable may be bad. Very unlikely, but easy check/fix.

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Would there be a setting on the TV or STB what would need switching on / off? Or would the sound instant as soon as cable was installed?

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Also the cable is new. I have had to run it around a few items but nothing to untoward are they quite delicate leads or can they take a little abuse?

besty333

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hummm! It is quite an old amp but I have never used the digital In puts on it, is there anyway of testing if it does or does not work without getting sound as the obvious? And what would be the next alternative to getting decent sound to my amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks