What's new

Set up DVD for TV. (1 Viewer)

Ed*Wheaton

Agent
Hi all;
I am looking to purchase a set-up DVD for my rear projection TV.So far I have been told that Avia and video essentials are good.Does anybody have a preference?The Avia is a bit more expensive but is it better?Like to hear what others have to say.

Thanks
Ed

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about the new Digital Video Essentials but the old Video Essentials resolution pattern does not go high enough to measure DVD's capabilities (540 TVL @ 4:3 or 720 max pixels across). For that reason I suggest Avia as the first choice.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
I've only used Avia and IMHO I can tell you It makes a difference, after calbrating my set I noticed some picture details that where hidden before, you'll be amazed about how much interference the sharpness control gets into the picture, in the past I tried lots of improvements on my systme, like, better cables, surge protection, grounding my electrical installation, painting the wall behind the screen, but I'm sure calibrating with avia is the single most important imporovement I've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks