Set-Up Disk ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidLC, Feb 16, 2003.

1. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

Wondering what the best HT set-up disk might be. I have the Sound & Vision “Home Theater Tune-up” DVD which was a help. Now I’m interested in diving a little deeper into the set-up (calibrate the subwoofer etc.) and wondering if The “AVIA Guide to Home Theater" and or a Audio CD I noticed on Amazon.com, called the “Dolby Surround Test CD” might be helpful. Any futher suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

Don't know about the CD you mentioned, but Avia is very good. Since it's made by the same folks that make the Sound & Vision disc, you'll probably be very familiar with most of it...but the Avia disc goes deeper. Sometimes I see it at Best Buy or Circuit City, but there's always online, too.

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Another recommendation for Avia. Not only does it provide good tools for calibration, but it also includes some nice description about what is being done to increase your overall knowledge. It also includes some encouraging words to prepare you for the difference and what to look for.

4. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Not to get too far off-topic but exactly how does one pronounce AVIA? And what does it stand for? ... I'm guessing AUDIO VIDEO ..something ..

BTW, I was fortunate last summer, being able to pick up a copy of Video Essentials for $29(!)at Suncoast before the disk vanished, but I have had no luck finding AVIA at a brick-and-mortar.