What's new

Sesame Street's Bert: A Terrorist? "Humor" (1 Viewer)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
hahahahahaha....thats the funniest thing I've seen all week. He looks like he's possesed by the devil. How did he end up on there?

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
That's beautiful. Thank goodness for the continuation of the "Bert is Evil" project. And people thought it was the end of irony...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
It appears that Tubantia has now cropped the picture so evil Bert doesn's show anymore.
Too funny though!
laugh.gif

------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
You can still see it on the Yahoo pic, though. And, with all seriousness...it is damn funny.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's not quite "All your base are belong to us" (remember that?), but definitely good for a needed laugh.
~Kris

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
I've avoided reading this thread, fearing that somehow it was in bad taste. Lucky for me I decided to check it out. That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen in months.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what Ernie thinks about all this? Do they all bathe in a tub together, ya think?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
laugh.gif
That is hilarious!
Here's the best part:
The photographs do not appear to have been doctored. They were taken by news photographers covering at least two different demonstrations from different angles on at least two separate days.
The first known Bert-bin Laden posters appeared on Oct. 5 in the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, and photographs of them were printed by the Dutch news service Algemeen Nederlands Persbureau and the Associated Press and Reuters news services. At least one other photograph including the posters was taken at another location by Reuters photographer Rafiqur Rahman on Oct. 9.
Reuters spokeswoman Felicia Cosby said the photos were authentic.
"We've just noticed it ourselves, since you queried, that there is Bert on that poster," she said. "I don't know if they're mass-producing these posters, but what I can say is that it is definitely our policy not to doctor photographs."
Associated Press spokesman Jack Stokes said the AP photographs were also untouched.
"We haven't changed the photo at all," he said. "We have very strict editing guidelines."
The AP photographs were taken by Pavel Rahman. Stokes said he did not know if Rahman was another name for, or related to, Rafiqur Rahman.
Cosby said Rafiqur Rahman, a native Bangladeshi, did not know that he was photographing a Muppet when he covered a prayer demonstration for bin Laden's health Oct. 9.
"The photographer is as bemused as we are," she said. "He didn't know what that furry creature was."
biggrin.gif

/Mike
[Edited last by MickeS on October 11, 2001 at 11:20 AM]

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
So, it looks like someone got this doctored image off the web, printed it out and put it among the other pictures on the collage on the poster...
2_22_101001_bin_laden_poster_fakepic.jpg

If that's how it happened, and it doesn't seem too unlikely, it's pretty funny... I wonder if it was done purposely or if it was done by mistake by someone just grabbing a bunch of Bin Laden pictures to use on the poster?
/Mike

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
The FoxNews story had me crying with laughter. Bert just looks so maniacal and evil on that poster. His association with Bin Laden is just so bizarre and incongruous that I found it hilarious.
Just as his association with Adolf Hitler is equally ridiculous:
bert4.gif

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Can't read any of those sites or the picture of the previous poster. What's the big deal?
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
the Bert is Evil site is at: http://www.fractalcow.com/bert/bert.htm
Damn funny indeed...
Not anymore! It looks like he took the web site down yesterday. Instead he now just has a page explaining his reasons for taking it down. Sigh.
------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks