What's new

Servo 15 (1 Viewer)

Sebastien David

Second Unit
well i would look into a 16-46PC from svsubwoofers.com

it would not be even close to the price of a servo 15 and I would think it outpowers it, but you'd have to ask Tom Vodhanel.

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
You can do a lot better than 1500 for a servo 15. I just bought a brand new one including the X-30 crossover for 1200 Canadian plus tax. Compared the PW-2200 and the Servo-15, IMHO the servo is the better sub. The PW-2200 is good, but not as good as the servo!! And for Sebastien, by the time you factor in exchange rate, shipping, taxes etc, the SVS and the Servo-15 are very close in price, in fact, it would probably be cheaper to get a servo-15.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
i know you can do a lot better than the msrp, but the difference will be proportional!

I got my PW-2200 for 670 CAN plus tax, so there!

And I was wrong for the SVS, it is listed at 819.

that means 1292 CAN, which obviously is going to come out quite a bit higher than a good price for a Servo 15.

it's too bad svs subs aren't as good a deal for us as they are for our American friends.

but i'm still asking: IS a Servo-15 better than two PW-2200? Looks like a hotly contested match to me!

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Sebastien,

I think Tom from SVS may have some data on whether or not 2 PW-2200s are better than one Servo-15. I agree with you on the pricing, too bad our dollar is not faring to well these days or I would probably have a couple of SVS by now. Instead I have two Servo-15s and am very happy with them.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
nice!

is that how you got the sweet deal, by buying two at a time?

i don't even wanna think about how loud two Servos would be in my tiny room!

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Another vote for the Servo-15.

I have had mine for two years this December and absolutely love what these subs do for my movies and for my music..

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
If one really needs the levels of bass that requires two separate subs, personally I would seriously look at SVS towers, the one without built-in amplification, in a package with one of the amps they recommend.
In spite of the fact that the web site for SVS uses the JPG graphics format instead of PNG for the buttons ;) the subs really do appear to be a great value. USD $1299 plus shipping for two 46:es and a Samson amp is not bad.
Of course, Canadians probably can get Servo 15's at good prices too compared to the rest of the US.
And then of course there's the CS series... dual CS Ultra package with amp...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
the servo15 actually goes lower than the pw2200 and the sound quality is better (subjective). if you have a large listening room and listen at near or at ref. level, the advantages of 2 pw2200 is more output at 25hz and above (not sure of 25hz and below) and if your room has serious peaks and dips. (can also be addressed by using a parametric equalizer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Could anybody tell me how the servo 15 might, in the real world, stack itself up against Mirages' BPS 400?

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Howard:

I also agree that the Servo is an excellent choice. I picked one up earlier in the year (got it for $1200 CAN) and it is excellent for HT and music. I was also considering the SVS but once you factor in the exchange, shipping, taxes and fees, there is a sizeable difference.

Go with one right now and consider adding another if you feel you need it. Or ask to take the floor model home with you to demo a 2nd one to see how it works out.

As for your existing sub, if you want to be able to use it, you can always do what I did when I replaced my M&K and add it to the rear surrounds (with regular 14 gauge wire) for a bit of extra punch with the surround info (explosions etc). I have mine tuned in relatively low and it blends in very well.

Regards,

Herb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks