servo-15 woes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jason willder, Mar 18, 2003.

1. jason willder

jason willder Stunt Coordinator

I posted a few weeks ago about my Servo-15 having a loose connection. It was repaired and has been working fine. Twice in the last week for some reason it begins to hum. There is no signal coming out of it. If I switch it off and back on it works fine. My dealer called Paradigm and they had not heard of this happening before. They are going to replace the entire amp. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Never happened on my servo-15. However, I can hear the servo mechanism (an extremely faint hum) if I place my ear right next to the driver when it isn't playing. It sounds like your hum is much louder... have you eliminated all potential ground loop issues? Does it still hum if the input is unplugged?

3. jason willder

It started humming the first time when there was a large thump on Monsters Inc. The hum is fairly loud and there is no longer a signal coming out of the speaker just the hum. When I turn it off and back on it seems to reset. It worked fine for several days and did the same again. A good case for Unsolved Mysteries?

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I would try replacing the sub cable too. It is a longshot, but it best to eliminate that variable up front.

TV

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    So with the cable unplugged it still hums?

6. jason willder

Yes.