What's new

servo 15 help (1 Viewer)

GregRus

Auditioning
In looking around pricing this sub, I was told that I needed to purchase an additional 250.00 crossover to go with it.I wasn't told this by the dealer that quoted me on this sub elsewhere. What's the deal?

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Only need the external module (X-1/X2?) when plugging into a stereo system (with a stereo integrated amp) If you're using the Servo 15 in a av system just use the LFE line-level output from the amp directly to the sub. You don't need a crosover in the sub (or a external box) as the av amp will do all bass management.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
In Canada the price of the Servo-15 'includes' the Crossover, whichever type you would like (see their website for more detailed descriptions of the X10, 20 and 30).

In my case I asked for the X30, which has low level inputs and ouputs only, with dual sub outs. It is a great little crossover and can be used in between a pre-pro or with a receiver between the LFE out and the sub. It has the crossover frequency and gain adjustment on the front of the box, which saves trying to get behind your sub to make adjustments. It also has phase adjustment for Sub #2.

The X20 version has speaker level outputs.

As JohnSmith said, you do not need this crossover and the sub works perfectly fine without it from the LFE out of an HT receiver..

I am surprised that the Crossover is extra cost from your Dealer in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks