1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Servicing your own LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Roy, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Matt Roy

Matt Roy Auditioning

Howdy all,

I have 2 SONY LCD projectors. One in the office and one at home. The one in the office needed to have the lamp replaced and I did replace it at considerable cost. Now that I have done that I still get the error message appearing "Replace the lamp". Sooo I looked at the lamp timer and it is hasn't reset. Sony have told me that only a service centre can reset this at a cost of AUD $250. To me this seems ridiculous after forking out so much money. I can competently replace the lamp, air filter etc so I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to finish the job myself !!!

Any advice on this would be muchly appreciated.

BTW....the projector is a VPL-PX20.

I would also be interested in any advice on the VPLHS1 as I am sure that it will also be requiring a new bulb soon.

Have a great day !!!

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    This is a question I had some time ago so I too am looking to see what the bulb reset procedure is like. Obviously it will differ from projector to projector though. I too have done some of my own LCD service such as cleaning the bulb and LCD panels.

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

That's strange. I know that both Epson and Proxima hae the lamp reset clearly marked in the menus.

4. Bill Cheng

Bill Cheng Auditioning

Try "Reset" "Enter" "Left" "Enter"
    Bill

5. Michael Halse

Anyone can email me regarding this...sony has its reasons for making it hard, Not just money.

6. Bill Cheng

Bill Cheng Auditioning

Michael,
    What sorts of information u want, if only regarding to the lamp and filter timing then they are inside your manual.

Bill