What's new

Service Menu Settings on Wega(KV-36FS17) (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I was tweaking some things in the service menu and forgot to record the original settings. I have it set to where it is a very good image to my eyes but I just needed to know what the original values were for the SBRT and RCUT settings just for reference. I have looked on the net for information about this particular model of Wega but I cannot find it. So anybody who owns this wega would be so kind as to go into the service menu and see what the values of SBRT and RCUT are(assuming you haven't messed with them) that would be great. If u have aim just send me an im. Thanks alot.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
you messed with the Cuts and drives?

thats usually the first no no, at least thats what i have heard.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Cuts and Drives??

The tv still works great. I used the suggestions of the Wega Tune-Up webpage that has been mentioned on this forum before. It has tutorials on how to fix the uneven brightness, the oversquezze, and recommended settings for picture.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
well the RCUT is the red cut for the tv, this affects the reds that are shown on the tv and it is something that is often used to try and fix red push, however this can also be the wrong solution to the problem. I must admit that I am no where near qualified to go messing around in the service menu of tv's, my excursions are limited to geometry problems.
I just remember a post from Guy Kuo, I dont know if this is what you were attempting, but here is a quote from his post, the link to the whole post will follow.
Grayscale and Color Decoding are Not the Same Thing
Do not confuse grayscale (aka white balance or color temperature) with color decoding problems like red push. You must not change controls for one to fix the other. I frequently read of someone trying to correct red push (excess reddish color in red color objects) by displaying color bars and turning down red drive to fix the red. If you are doing anything like that or are contemplating such a manuever, don't. You've fallen into the newcomer trap of confusing the amount of red in the grayscale with the amoutn of red in red colored objects. You've gotten grayscale and color decoding confused with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread