Service Menu for Playstation 2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Patrick, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

i thought i'd post this here since it's more about a hardware issue than about games...

ever since i hooked up my PS2 via component cables, i've noticed a shift to the right of the picture (small black bar now visible on left hand side.

Since changing my tv's picture shift would screw up my dvd player's alignment, i was wondering if there was some sort of service menu in the PS2 where i could shift the picture.

thanks

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I really doubt this would work on your PS2 but to enter the service menu on Sony DVD players you would press: title, clear, power on the remote with the power off on the unit, it will then turn on with a blue menu & a few options. However I don't think you can adjust anything for picture position but being a game system you may be able to somehow.
    And of course you will need to have the optional remote to do this. Navigation in the menu is simple if it dose come on, it's pretty self explanatory.
    Good luck

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Well, there's no power button on the PS2 remote, but I'd be interested if there are any secret tricks you can do with it.

4. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

That is the only possibility I know of. If the remote has no power button I wouldn't have any other idea. There are only two codes I know of for Sony DVD players either the previous or ;title,time,power & with both of them using the power as the last step I don't see it working.

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Hmmmm I wonder if sony would be forthcomming about any possible service menu? I must go check on this.