What's new

Service menu for older TVs? (1 Viewer)

John Royster

Screenwriter
I've got a six year old ProScan 27" TV. The actual TV menu is rather plain. This was the top of the line way back and I was wondering if there is any place to find out if there is a service menu. Or how to get to it.

thanks a bunch. This TV is just sitting around so I'd like to do a little practice to see how good a direct view TV can look. given age and everything else.

thanks bunches!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Given its recent manufacture, then it should have a service menu. You'll have to contact an authorized Panasonic repair shop and see if anyone there would be willing to give you the service codes. Then you should contact Panasonic and see if shop manuals for that set are still available.

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
I believe ProScan was a Thompson product - And since most Thompson products use the same service menu code, I happen to know it off the top of my head :)
On the front of the set (on or off, doesnt matter) while holding MENU, press Vol+, then Power. You should see some letters appear on the screen, indicating you are in the service menu. Power exits the service mode at any time.
Now, as far as what exactly those numbers refer to, I'm not totally sure. I do know that on the remote, Vol +,- controls the value of one set, while Chan +,- controls the value of the other set. It's combinations of each set that accesses certain functions within the service mode (like the convergence function, RGB DRV/CUT, etc.). I have a short list of the above mentioned functions at home that I'll post tonight.
Cheers,
-Ryan Dinan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks