What's new

Service Menu code for Mistubishi WS65"HDTV-ready set!!! (1 Viewer)

Justin Busco

Auditioning
I wanted to buy a DVDO Iscan and I was wondering if anyone had the code on this site to get into the service menu on this Mitsubishi set...I was told there was no point in getting a line doubler, if I didn't deactivate the existing line doubler in the television..If anybody can help me or direct me elsewhere for this information, it would be much appreciated

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Allow me to direct you to the Home Theater Spot:
http://www.hometheaterspot.com/cgi-b...ultimatebb.cgi
They're all certified Mitsubishi RPTV nuts over there, and the forum you'll want to look at is called "Mitsubishi Tweaks Spot". The standard "Mitsubishi" forum is the best place to ask questions about your Mits RPTV.
Mind you, HTF is still the finest HT BBS out there, but the Spot definately has the edge when it comes to Mitsubishi RPTVs!
-Lyle J.P.

J

John Morris

Justin: As far as I know, there is no reason to deactivate the line doubler on the Mits sets. The iScan will double any input signal to 480p. The Mits set, and most others too, will simply pass a 480p (and 1080i) signal through without processing. The only sets which do not pass a 480p signal are the new Toshiba's and they upconvert the 480p signal to 540p.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Justin:
John is correct. This is essentially the same set up as using a progressive DVD player. The ISCAN just has to be connected to one of the component inputs that alllows 480p. If the TV senses a 480p signal, it will project it without using its own internal line doubler. There is no reason to enter the service menu for this.
SMK

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
BTW,
There is no way to disable the line doubler (which is only active for 480i input) in the Mits service mode. The only sets I know of that allow you to bypass the doubler are the Panasonics (game mode).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks