Serious Wega Problem! Please Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Welp, my buddy is on his second 32FS17, and I helped him set it up. (For reference we had to carry it down a flight of stairs). The reason he took back the first TV was because of an ugly disfigurement in the phosphors. It looked like a transparent squiggle or blob that ran up the left side of the TV. On a dark screen, it was very noticeable in MOVIE mode, but not as bad in the other modes. Anyway, back it went, got the new one, and guess what...same exact problem. It can't be seen in VIVID mode, but it's there in MOVIE mode.
    Remember I said we carried it down stairs? Well both times, the side (left) I was carrying hit the steps hard. In fact, this time, my middle finger is swollen from the 163 lb. monster hitting and sliding under my finger !
    So I ask, are any of you having a similar problem with your new 2001 Wega? Check it out on a totally black screen using all the picture modes. Is this b/c I dropped it? Does the TV need to be broken in for a few hours? Should I risk my life taking it back up the stairs so my buddy can do another trade?
    HELP!
    ------------------
    Chuck
    Chuckster's HT Equipment List

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

You are reporting the Uneven Brightness Problem. Left side of the TV is darkerthan the right and can be seen during dark scenes or on properly calibrated sets.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer