What's new

Serious Sam for $19.99 new at Funcoland (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
For xbox. I asked em if it was a misprint since the game just came out I didnt think it could possibly be that cheap....

The manager confirmed it was priced right.

This was in the Middletown NJ store...

Sam

Dan B

Screenwriter
I noticed that the game was $19.99 when I was in Best Buy today, too. I also remember reading somewhere...and I don't remember where...that this may be the new suggested price for the game. That would be odd, since it is a pretty new release & $19.99 is even lower than the usual Xbox software price drop of $29.99. I'll try to find a link.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
It was priced at 20 bucks new for the PC too, right? That was part of the draw, from what I remember. A simple but fun game at a cheap price. Glad to see it's carried forward to the Xbox version.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
It was priced at 20 bucks new for the PC too, right? That was part of the draw, from what I remember. A simple but fun game at a cheap price. Glad to see it's carried forward to the Xbox version.
Well, the PC versions were $20 from the get-go. The X-Box version was released at $50. I imagine "early adopters" who plunked down $50 for this when it first came out are none too happy that the price has been dropped so much and so quickly......

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I hope most people bought it from a retailer that had a 30 day price match. Heck, it's only been out about that long.

Glen

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I got mine from Circuitcity.com - mailed the day I ordered! Good stuff.

A quick question - has anyone else had momentary freezes while playing this game? I've had a number, and the game also crashed once. I'm wondering if its a performance issue or if I should get a new copy.

Bleddyn

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh, I didn't realize it was released at the higher price originally. Well that doesn't make much sense then, does it? If you release it at $20 like the PC game, you sell the idea that it's a good game at a great price (again, like the PC game). Sell it for $50 and then immediately drop it to $20, you sell the idea that it's a lousy game that had to have a huge price-cut to move any units. Strange move.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Bleddyn,

I'm in contact with Gotham Games support at this moment, as I'm having the exact same problems. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I hear more from them.

Glen

Dan B

Screenwriter
I have just read that there may be a bad batch of this game out there which is causing the game to skip. I don't know if this has anything at all to do with the price drop, but it is something to keep in mind before you buy the game. Of course, I'm pretty sure they will replace them if they are defective.

Dave et all, this game actually includes the original Serious Sam & most of (I think) Serious Sam: Second Encounter & some additional stuff not in either PC game, so it is actually 2 $20 PC games + for your $. Not bad whatever you pay for it...still, the sudden price drop is suspicious.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Still waiting to hear back from Gotham Games again. I'm hoping I get some sort of info from them about the bad batch of games. I guess I'll be looking for them after the holidays though. Oh, well. :)
Glen

Dan B

Screenwriter
From CroTeam's Forums:
Hey guys,
So it seems the problem that exists is with copies with serial numbers ending in 03.
It also seems that copies with serial numbers ending in 05 work as intended.
What I would suggest to you at this time is, if you have a copy that displays the problems described here, and want to exchange it but get no satisfaction from your local store, Gotham tech support should be able to replace it with a working copy.
They have stock of the 05 serial number copies and should replace your 03 copy with one.
So anyone who is still having problems contact Gotham support [email protected]
outlining the problem and requesting that they replace the disk if you send it in.
I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks