What's new

Serious Kung Fu movies on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I just watched The Iron Monkey on dvd for the first time last night and was very entertained. I liked it! The fight scenes were great. More blood than CTHD. Although not even in the same league as that movie as far as actual film plot. But the movie is still a little on the light side. I am looking for some darker more graphic violent Kun Fu films. I remember when I was a kid, every Saturday afternoon it was called Kung Fu Theater and they showed 2 movies in a row. Alot of them were very violent and lots of action. I remember one called The Flying Guilotine and it was very ruthless. This thing flying around chopping off heads. It was great. You know Mortal Combat carnage! Any suggestions on dvd?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Stephen, that is way too cool! I absolutely loved that movie when I was a kid. I will be picking this one up today!THANKS!:b

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I bought Iron Monkey on a whim, don't generally like martial arts movies.

This was one very entertaining film!!!

More fun than CTHD, though not as slick a production or as involving a plot. I wanted MORE!!

Was in Costco after work today and picked up Once Upon a Time In China 1-3 boxed set, really looking forward to it.

Looks like I have a new "guilty pleasure genre" to go with my collection of teen horror flicks.

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
No Problem Jeff, glad I happened to know that it was out there. :) A true Kick Flick Classic.
The one Kick Flick DVD that I'm really waiting on is 'The Hot, The Cool and the Vicious'. I've seen it out there on VCD, but not DVD...yet. :)
Golden Constables would be another welcom addition to the kick flick dvd family. :D

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Woot! I take back one thing I just said...
The Hot, The Cool and The Vicious *is* out on DVD. :D It's under T at the kung fu movie page I mentioned in an earlier post.
I gotta order that one.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
How many Flying Guillotine movies are there? There is one on amazon.com called The Fatal Flying Guillotine. Is this the same one? Also somone refers to another movie called The Master of the Flying Guillotine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks