What's new

Serious Criterion Request (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
Any chance 12 Monkeys will join the four Terry Gilliam titles already in the Collection?

If not, is the audio of the DTS bare bones version significantly better than the CE?

wally

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I really doubt it. Besides the current CE is about as good as it gets. Great commentary, fantastic documentary -- it's neat!!

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've heard, the DTS version is not any better than the CE. Besides, you would also be giving up the fantastic documentary on the CE.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Any chance 12 Monkeys will join the four Terry Gilliam titles already in the Collection?
No offense, but for what reason?? What could Criterion do that hasn't already been done?? I think Criterion's title selection of late has been awesome. Contempt, Band Of Outsiders, the upcoming Truffaut box, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (with tons of extras not on the current edition), The White Sheik, and Straw Dogs just to name a few.
Jeff

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
A new transfer would be nice. I always found it to be a bit soft and lacking in detail (referring to the DTS version).

Criterion's transfers are dicey though. Royal Tanenbaums was an EE-laden mess, but The Rock is probably the smoothest, silkiest representation of film I've seen on DVD. I wish every DVD could look that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks