Serious bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Eric_Strickl, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Eric_Strickl

Eric_Strickl Stunt Coordinator

Last night I went to my local audio store to check out the revel b15 sub. I listen to it for about and hour or so on a pva 2 with some revel m20s. I was so shocked at how good this sub sounded I had to take it home for a demo (after more or less ordering one!!!). When looking at the sub in the store the sales person pointed out that it had tape around the speaker grill to make the grill thicker. It ends up the tape is on there to prevent the grill from shooting off!! So when I got it home I took off the tape and sure enough it shot that bad boy a good 3 feet!! If you have not test this thing in your home you owe it to yourself to do so.

2. Dean-P

Dean-P Stunt Coordinator

I guess it should for $3000...[​IMG]

3. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

Eric, I'm guess you demo'ed that at Genesis Audio? (I'm from Columbus also) I need to get back over there for some demos! Nice store and seemed like some nice people working there.

4. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

for $3000, i could build a sub that will shoot that whole Revel sub 2 or 3 feet.. [​IMG]

5. Eric_Strickl

6. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

7. Eric_Strickl

8. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

Well if you haven't been to Progressive I would suggest NOT going! [​IMG] Everything they have is just THAT GOOD and will make you want bigger and better things! They carry Wilson Audio, Thiel, Audio Research, B&W, Krell, I could go on and on! It's a VERY cool store! www.progressiveaudio.com

here's a link to my gear:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/tryrrthg/

I'm in the middle of trying to upgrade but my lack of funds is holding me back! I HATE when that happens! I can't wait to get a new amp!

9. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

Troy,

Try fixing your link. But you know, maybe they could offer high end HT gear when switching insurance companies.

Anyhow, I'm driving up to Cinn. tonight and then up to Michigan. Is this store too far off the beaten path?

10. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

11. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Man, that store looks sweeeeet!

12. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

Troy, thanks for fixing the link. It looks like a great store, and while it is out of my way for this trip, sometime when I'm in Cinn for a longer stay, I'll have to get my bro-in-law, (who lives in Mason actually) to head over there with me. I've been meaning to check out the B&W line for a while now.

13. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

Wade, there is a store in Dayton that carries some B&W speakers. That might be more on your way (just a shoot up 75 from Cinci, may even be on your way to Michigan.

www.audio-etc.net (the url doesn't seem to be working today but here is their address:

Audio Etc.
    551 Congress Park Drive
    Dayton, OH 45459
    937-434-9770

The store has moved recently so that may not be up to date. if you are going to check them out you might want to call first and verify the address.

This store is actually in Cinci. I've never been there but have been wanting to get down there and check it out.

http://www.audibleelegance.com

14. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the tips. I should have known the HTF folks would have good suggestions. This is better than a travel agency.

We will pass right through Dayton, so maybe I'll make it there, and most likely I will make it to the Cincy store. I see it's actually in Montgomery right across from the Montgomery Inn. where they have the best ribs I've ever had outside the South.

Sorry about all the off-topic stuff. Didn't mean to hijack the thread w/ all this Ohio talk.

15. Eric_Strickl

16. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I live in Cincinnati, I have been to Audible elegance
    they have some great stuff, including the Martin & Logans I drool over, they are just north of Montgomery Inn on the same side of the road

After listening to a pair of Martin & logan speakers (not sure which model) the Thiels I listened to next sounded dead and muted, just did not compare to the martin & logans

17. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator