What's new

Series II Advents to new HE 10s? (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
My rents have a pair of the old Series II Advents. the cabs are in amazing condition, not a major scratch anywhere. The only thing is the tweets are blown and the surrounds are toast. I know theres a big following for old advents but I think its time to upgrade the components.

So I have been thinking of what i could do with them, i was initailly thinking of going with cheap dayton parts but i want something a bit more high end. I am esitmating the cab right arind 1.6 cuft, or 47 liters, so I have the internal space for the HE10 as they only require 29 liters. I could prob tune them a bit lower.

My only concern would be how would the cross over deal with the recessed baffle of the advent, or if it will even factor into it. I am not sure what the dimensions are of the advent driver, but if need be i am sure that i could redo the entire baffle with proper placement of the HE10, I would bring it up so that it would be more at ear level, and move the port down below.

So what do you guys think about this type of project, I bet it would only take me a weekend and my dad would have some kicking speakers again.

below is a pic of the same models that my rents have to give you some ideas.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
You could sell them (whether or not you try to repair those easily repairable defects) and build new speakers from scratch. I don't think it's worth trying to squish another design into those cabinets. The Advents are actually pretty good sounding and if you repair them you could keep them as a nice fun 2nd pair of speakers.

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
pick up a pair of advent tweeters on ebay, and while you're at it, snag a set of surrounds on there for 20 bux. your total cost should be under 50 bux, and you can't beat the sound for hundreds more. trust me (see sig)

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks