What's new

Series DVDs you had to import from another country (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
As a U.S. resident, the only TV imports I've sprung for so far are the R2 sets of ADAM ADAMANT LIVES! and MAN IN A SUITCASE.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
As I live outside of the USA, I've lost count of the number of imports.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
The only thing I ever had imported was the "Porky's Ultimate Collection" from the States. Maple released a god awful set here in Canada consisting of full screen transfers that were on par with the quality of a worn VHS tape. The 'Ultimate Collection' set was not available here what-so-ever. Still the case actually. I was hell bent on having these in widescreen and having them imported was the only way to go about it.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Rich Man, Poor Man (both mini series), The Six Million Dollar Man (seasons 1 & 2) and The Bionic Woman (seasons 1 and 2) from the UK. All six of those sets were a 'must have' for my 70s TV on DVD collection. Well...that and I got tired of waiting for them to come out here in the good ole USA.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I just barely ordered not too long ago from Amazon UK:
Quantum Leap Season Two and Three

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since they decided to stop selling DVDs of Baywatch in the US after the third season, I took the liberty of getting the German Sets. (They have the English language Version since I do not "Spretchen Deutch"!) :D Don't ask me how, since the European DVDs are supposed to be a differant Region Code than the US, but for some reason they actually WORK on my DVD Player!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I bought several dvds from VEI in Canada- Riptide season 2 and 3, all 3 seasons of Hardcastle and McCormick, Kate and Allies season 1-5, Street Justice both seasons. I am thinking of getting The Collector season 1 from Morningstar Ent. I have gotten Bionic Woman season 1 and 2 from Down Under. I am thinking of getting season 3 from Germany. I just ordered Fall Guy season 2 from Britain as well. Plus I got Blood Ties and Flash Gordon from UK.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Oh lord, this could take a while -

Space Rangers (Oz)
Red Dwarf 1-8 and just ordered 'Back to Earth' (UK)
Quantum Leap 2-5 (UK) (Single Sided, Music)
Doctor Who (Classic) (UK)
Doctor Who (New Series) (UK) The R1 releases lost some commentary tracks due to music issues)
Life on Mars (UK)
Ashes to Ashes (UK)
Deamons (UK)
Tripods 1&2 (UK)
Shaun the Sheep (UK)
Lovejoy (Complete) (UK)
Spitting Image (UK)
H2O: Just Add Water (OZ)
AbFab (UK)
Torchwood (UK)
One Foot in the Grave (Complete) (UK)
Good Life (UK)
Charlie Jade (UK)
Jeeves & Wooster (UK)
Bit of Fry & Laurie (UK)
Dark Angel (widescreen) (OZ)
Buffy (widescreen) (OZ)
Comic Strip Presents (UK)
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (OZ) (uncut versions)
The Prisoner (UK) (new remastered restored set, BEAUTIFUL)
Dangermouse (UK) (complete set)
Chef! (UK)
Jonathan Creek (UK)
Relic Hunter S2 (UK) (only full season releases and in widescreen, no not cropped, it apparently all 3 seasons were filmed widescreen)
The Brittas Empire (UK)
Robocop: The Series (OZ)
Sapphire & Steel (OZ) (out of print, considered the best presentation)
Green Wing (UK)
Delta State (CA)
Bromwell High (UK)
Hamish McBeth (UK)
Chilly Beach S1 (CA)
Blake's 7 (UK)

.... my fingers are tired

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Well I just ordered my first R2 release (you all inspired me). I got "The Saint" monchrome set from Amazon UK for $65 US including shipping. I didn't think that was too bot bad for 71 hour long episodes. I already have the R1 Avengers (Riggs) and Dangerman/Secret Agent, so I feel pretty confident that I will like it on a blind buy.

While I do have an old player that can output PAL (just can't be made region free), I was able to use it to verify my projector can output PAL. So now I just need to break down and get a region free/everything player. I'm thinking about the Oppo DV-981HD or DV-980H.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
This is sort of information. This is more for fans of the German detective series "Derrick" which had over 200 programs. This is also for those who can understand German. The series is being released starting with the first program. This series is only in german. There are now 3 volumes, each with circa 5 DVDs with circa 3 one hour programs per disc. You can find it on Amazon.de. This series has been shown in many countries with the local language dubbed in. I don't think it was ever shown in the US but may have been on Canada TV. In the later programs the ZDF had subtitles - I suspect the DVDs will have then eventually have subtitles.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil

WOW! WOW! WOW! Now that's one I thought I'd *NEVER* see on DVD! Looks like I have ANOTHER one to cross off my signature.

I just ordered a copy! THANKS for the info!!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks