1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Serie D owners: Are you satisfied?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred Bang, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

I looking forward to buy this inexpensive tv. But is it good? Do you feel that you should have paid more for a WEGA or a GAOO?
    I want your feedback!
    Thanks

2. Leo Vildosola

Leo Vildosola Auditioning

Hi Fred,
    Other than the fact that this set does not perform automatic vertical compression (Sony does), and that it does not have as good of a tuner as the Sony, for my money I would be more than satisfied its performance.
    In addition to allowing correction of color decoder, vertical compression can be accomplished via service menu. If you are looking for an analog set and you don't mind the sligtly curved screen, I would definitely recommend this set for the money. Excellent performer.
    ------------------
    Leo Vildosola
    HTCal - Home Theater Calibrations
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

3. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

I will second this notion. The component input is great, and the squeeze makes it amazing for the price!
    ------------------
    Kris M
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did." - Maximillian Cohen, Pi (1998)

4. Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee Auditioning

Leo,
    What is not as good about the tuner on the JVC.
    Also, is it a pain to put the set into vertical compression for DVD watching?
    Thnks

5. Patrice P

Patrice P Auditioning

I have the 36d501.Yes the tuner is so-so,only 2 lines but the 36d502 have a 3 lines digital filter and is better.Both have curved top/bottom corners curved towards the center and JVC Canada will tolerate as much as 3 cm difference from center top/bottom to side top/bottom ratio...The power supply is a bit weak as image shrink with increasing luminosity.You may had to adjust color also...as almost all other sets.The 32 inches are better.Compare with Toshiba b4 buying.Good luck!