What's new

Serenity Blu-ray - 12/30/08 (1 Viewer)

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
** crickets chirping **

No, seriously, been looking forward to this. Have the HD-DVD but will certainly double dip if Universal doesn't pull a U-571. (Hmm. that sounds almost like a secret code, doesn't it? Coming up: The HTF secret handshake. Guess outsiders must think we're weirdo nerds in here. Oh heck! We are.... and loving it!)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The technical specs indicate a BD-50. If that's accurate, this shouldn't be an issue.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'll get it, if the cover art is pretty as the recent collector's edition DVD.

I think some of the lack of passion is because this will be the third time buying it. Plus, everyone has to save up for the overpriced BluRay release of the Firefly series, which is better than the movie by far.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'll pick it up for sure.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
As will I. I had it on HD-DVD but sold it off so this will be very welcomed.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Serenity was the last reason I was holding onto my HD player. A sure purchase on Blu for me, & I can finally dump the Tosh A3.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Can't help but think of the Seinfeld episode every time...

Anyway, Can't recall if anyone ever had complaints about Serenity's DVD presentations (except for the original release's cover) but the image and sound were top-notch to me, so I am looking forward to this BD release big time, especially since I was so impressed by the DVD upconverted on the PS3.

Anyone have any first impressions of the film's BD presentation so far?

LCD22

Screenwriter

Did Universal really include the theatrical trailer, as the few other reviews I've read make no mention of it? Also, was the "Sci-Fi Inside: Serenity" special from the Collector's Edition DVD been dropped? Or is it now part of the U-Control? Thanks.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It looks very good. Same source as the DVD and HD-DVD versions but at a higher bit rate giving it a very slight improvement over the HD-DVD version in picture quality. Nice sounding DTS-MA track.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I was wondering if it was just a port of the HD DVD master bumped up to DTS HD MA, but it sounds like it may have been recompressed to fatten the bitrate. The HD DVD is gorgeous.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Am I the only one having problems accessing the Alliance Database feature? My PS3 just goes to black and I have to stop the disc and restart. I have all the latest firmware upgrades, BD-Live updates, etc.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Am I the only one having problems accessing the Alliance Database feature? My PS3 just goes to black and I have to stop the disc and restart. I have all the latest firmware upgrades, BD-Live updates, etc.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow

Per a post on blu-ray.com I deleted the BD-Live data from the PS3. Then I started the disc again and when prompted, did NOT download any new updates. The Alliance Database works now but I can't connect to Universal's BD site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks