What's new

"Serenity" 12/20/05 (SEE post #38 for details) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
off-topic

The "girl" is Alexandra Maria Lara (she's in her late 20's now). That's a really nice shot of her, her other photos aren't as cute, but still attractive, nonetheless.

But I digress...

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

same here i have the framed one sheet on my wall.
dont care for the fan art i will start my own tomorrow

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

Seems like the never found the right imagery to promote this film with. Hence, the crappy DVD cover.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
This is finally up for preorder on Amazon. Looks like 12/20 will be a fun day after all! :)

- Steve

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
buy.com has had serenity up for pre order all weekend.is any one getting serenity on both dvd and on psp?

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I've been wanting to make a cover out of the UK poster, but there is no such thing as a hi-res version of that, not that I can find. Which sucks.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I'm a lot surprised that no one has posted in this thread since the DVD release two days ago.
There is a glowing review of the series, the movie and the disc at DVD Talk.

OK...
NOW I see the review thread, I'd even be embarrassed if our "search" function was effective, which it weren't, wasn't, isn't.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
In your review, you lamented that the "no sound in space" rule wasn't kept, but actually it was. The only time there was sound was when they entered a planet's atmosphere. You'll notice that during all the scenes when they are actually out in space, there is no sound.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Jack, I think the No Sound In Space rule was broken for the Space Battle which had all types of sounds from explosions to weapons fire from the ships.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
atmospheric ion clouds?! Hmmm. I know I will be watching the movie again soon after (or during the course) I review a couple of other DVDs I'm currently going through (while I also wait for some overdue DVDs for review to show up too).

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Also, if you listen closely, when Mal fires on the Reaver ship there is a very low pounding as the cannon fires.

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
I think that's sound conducted through the metal of the ship. But I admit I haven't conducted a thorough study. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
No sound in space. The only time there is sound is when they're in the "ion" cloud, so it technically stays true to the rule.

Also, the sound of the cannon firing on the reaver ship is also "silent" as the only sound heard is the shaking of serenity by the blast.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The ion cloud having sound isn't much of a problem for me anymore, but a couple of bits in the movie are debateable (the cannon and the final few seconds before the credits).

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
The cannon shot is definitely just reverb inside Serenity...a few moments later they burn away in total silence, which would indicate the cannon rumble was a conscious decision.

And the final shot of the film...I thought the same thing, but I can buy that you'd hear metal rending from inside the ship. (Reminds me of the metal screech when the first asteroid hits the Falcon in ESB)

...not so sure about the whoosh of the piece of cowling slamming into the camera though. ;) 'Course, wouldn't be half as funny if that moment was done in silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks