What's new

Sequel to Rob Zombie's Halloween (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Evolution of the world? What's that supposed to mean? I liked Zombies film, but don't really see a sequel in it, kinda like the Carpenter one. :P

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Why????

Zombie's film would be okay as a stand alone slasher film. As remake for Halloween it falls mightily short. I just recently saw Carpenter's Halloween again uncut for the first time in years. After I felt like taking my DVD of Zombie's version and drop kicking into the Ocean(I live two blocks from the Ocean north of Boston).

I have no use for his film as a remake and see no reason why another should be made.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
you guys do know that you can still see the original one right? And that you don;t have to watch the Zombie-verse ones...

And really, is the Zombie one actually worse then some of those shit-tastic sequels like the 3rd one, or the Druid cult story line? I think not. Zombie made a horror film with teeth instead of remaking a great suspense film, I liked it. I'll check this one out too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Now that you mention it, IMO, it came pretty darn close to those. ;)

It's funny, I rewatched Halloween: 25 Years of Terror at work the other day and during one of the Q&A sessions with the cast of the original someone asked how they felt about a remake and if they would participate in it (this was when the remake was still a germ of an idea being toyed with), Charles Cyphers answered "Why remake a masterpiece?" which got a rousing round of applause.

I concur with that sentiment.

To each his own, though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because the remake made money. It's not like a studio is in the business for art.

And I've said it before but the remake looks like Citizen Kane compared to Halloweens 5 to 8 (and I'm not even that big of a fan of the remake).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Having just watched this yesterday (the unrated cut), I don't see how they can have a sequel to this film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly, Zombie said that he wanted to make sure that Michael was definitively dead at the end of his movie so it was the end of the story and there couldn't be a sequel.

I guess in the sequel, he'll just feel better after getting shot in the face and get back to killing people.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Maybe he'll get it right this time and please more fans. I firmly believe Zombie can work well with this material. His remake was problematic but had the look of lost potential.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
i loved the first one he did. I've liked everything Zombie has done. While I would of preferred a new film, as opposed to a sequel, I'll take this one. I wonder if he'll have it continue right from the end of part one like the original series?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I think this quote from that link will be on the poster:

i think it will be ****ing gruesome and gory as ****. this movie will be making a ***** puke. this movie will rock and it will kick ****ing ass.

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa. Halloween 3 is a terrific movie. It just needs to have the Halloween name removed. It's a great little 80's B movie. Tom Atkins is great in it.

Don't listen to the crazy MM fans. I think it would have been great to see Halloween evolve into a series of stand alone "Halloween" themed films like Carpenter had planned with this one. It's just that the fans didn't get it.Too bad. It's way better than ANY of the sequels.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

As one of those "crazy" MM fans i'll say that we'll just have to agree to disagree there. I'll take Halloween 4 over Halloween III any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I assure you guys that i'm not schitzo but i'm now liking the idea of Zombie having a change of heart and returning to do the sequel, the first one went up and down for me, I liked it when I saw it in theaters, then for a while I didn't like it as evidenced by my posts above and then having just rewatched it again before Halloween I like it again lol.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Zombie's Halloween is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

The workprint, theatrical and unrated ... each version was worse than the last and I've never seen a movie fail so miserably at everything it tried to do.

Terrible writing, a total lack of suspense, gimmicky casting ... it didn't stop.

And I'll be the first one to say that I will take Halloween 5, 6 and H20 any day over Zombie's movie. Especially 5. For my money that gets such a bum rap, but I think it's a terrific sequel. And it's got atmosphere and suspense ... something that Zombie's movie couldn't get right.

Needless to say, I'll pass on a Zombie-helmed sequel until I can see it for free. His limitations as a filmmaker have never been more evident than on his ill-fated trip to Haddonfield.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Catch up with me again next month and i'll probably think your right lol. :D

I agree about Halloween 5, except for those two bumbling idiot cops and the fact that Michael refuses to tuck his neck into his mechanics outfit, that drives me crazy everytime I watch it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm a fan of Halloween III and I'd say the same thing and I'd include Halloween II as well.

And it ain't a great movie but I think Zombie's Halloween is Citizen Kane compared to Halloween 5, 6, H20 and Resurrection.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks