What's new

Sequal(s) to Ginger Snaps coming (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I don't know if this should be a MOVIES section, or SOFTWARE section post.
Turns out that the movie Ginger Snaps is going to get sequels, wioth the original actresses reeprising thier roles.
http://www.canoe.com/JamMovies/apr1_ginger-sun.html
I enjoyed the disc, although I missed the film in the theature. My wife is definately NOT a horror fan, and we took a pass on it :frowning:

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Admins, could you please correct my heading's spelling error?

Also is there away to allow the creator rights to edit thread headers?

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Two sequels already in the works?

Would somebody please tell me when they passed a law requiring that every successful Canadian film be milked for all its worth? They drove Scanners into the ground doing just this -- Scanner Cop? I mean, really, what the hell is that?

I dunno, maybe one or both of these sequels will be worthy follow-ups.......but this article doesn't exactly instill me with confidence ("There will be a lot more special effects with the werewolves"). I can't say I'm looking forward to American Psycho II, either.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ah, I think that by definition, and "successful" Canadian fill HAS to be milked for all its worth. Being in the shadow of Hollywood even more then any other country when something gets recognized, people try to get as much mileage as possible. I don't condone the activity, but there it is.

Besides, did American Pie really deserve a sequel?

I will wait until the films come out before I pass judgment, or at least until more data becomes available.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
American Pie did deserve a sequel, and I have to admit it's one of the few sequels that is just as good, if not better than the original. Er....don't want to change the subject of the thread, I do plan to get the OAR Ginger Snaps from Canada one day. I wonder how long this thread shall remain? :)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I liked the original, faults and all, but I'm a bit disappointed to hear that there will be a sequel. It said all that it needed to say.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Definately get the Candian DVD, it was an intrestin disc, and the creature/ werewolf was disturbing to look at as it was being designed, IMHO.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Samuel, you are right. The original film covered things nicely. However, I would be intrested in seeing what sort of subculture the series evokes. Might make an intresting comparison to the "teen angst" comparisons that BtVS drew/draws.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
This thread will most likely be moved to the movie section soon.
I thought Ginger Snaps was one of the best horror films in a long time. Hopefully the sequels will be just as good, but for the fact that they're not bringing back the same director and writer is a shame.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed Ginger Snaps and the excellent Canadian special edition DVD. The sequels could be good because at least some of the original people are still involved.

Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks